Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
Our Komen Hawaii staff members, and Education Committee Volunteers are specifically trained to represent Komen Hawaii at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We receive many requests for speakers, health fair participation, and educational materials; unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
Health Fair/Speaker Requests:
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit an email request and receive confirmation from our staff – your event will not be added to our volunteer opportunities calendar.
To request a representative to attend your upcoming health fair/event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (808)754-6659.